Thursday, February 3, 2011

5 Ways for Grooms to Keep Calm, Cool and Collected Before Saying "I Do!"

Let's be real here: grooms get nervous, too!  I know I was on our wedding day, but I actually incorporated almost all of my own tips here and can safely say they helped.  Had I incorporated all 5, I might not have been caught on our video saying "O God...O God..." as my bride-to-be at the time was walking down the aisle. Ha!


Photo credit: Endless Wave Studios.
Planner: No Limit Events LLC

OK, so here's my short list countdown to a totally chill wedding for grooms:

5.  Plan to be romantic - in advance. Show your significant other that you care and want to help out. If you're staying in a bridal suite at a hotel after your wedding, stop there first thing and drop off your bags, etc. I'd suggest planning something with your hotel representative/concierge for your bridal suite. Suggest rose petals laid on the bed or a bottle of champagne for when you arrive. Or plan a romantic in-room breakfast for the morning! Get it all out of the way so that you and your wife don't worry about a thing after the wedding. 

4.  Get Your AM Massage On!  What better way to finish up the morning than a sweet, Swedish or Aromatherapy massage? After my wife put me onto massage therapy, I can't get enough of them. They help to relieve stress and tension in the body, leaving you feeling heavenly for the rest of the day.

3.  Enjoy a light bite to eat with the fellas.  You're feeling refreshed and ready to meet up with the guys.  Enjoy something simple or small and enjoy some laughs with your circle so everyone's relaxed and ready to have some fun. Chances are you've got a whole feast lined up for you later at the reception and you'll be too busy to eat because you're schmoozing with guests and smiling for the cameras.

2.  Follow up with a cigar, cognac or shot.  Granted, not everyone enjoys a smoke or a drink, but if you do...I strongly recommend this.  My Best Man and I did this after lunch and it just made us even more relaxed as we reminisced. It really does calm your nerves a bit. Too bad it doesn't shut you up from saying "O God...O God..."

1.  Leave it to the planner/coordinator.  Considering one? Don't think you need one? Think twice. Let me make this simple: It will keep you (and more importantly your significant other) calmer and happier. I received a really awesome complement from a recent groom of ours: he couldn't thank me enough for actually being there for him. I helped him with everything from tying his tie, pinning boutonnieres and planning a sweet surprise for his bride that night. So yes, I'm biased. I totally think planners/coordinators are worth their weight in gold.

What, if any, would you incorporate for your wedding? Did you do anything outrageous or not-so ordinary?
  
Justin

***************************************************************
Want to feature this article in your blog, e'zine or otherwise? You can, as long as you attach the following to the article:
Gabriela is the partner and certified wedding/special event consultant for No Limit Events LLC as well as the main writer for the company blog, No Limit Events LLC: Bloggin’ It. She enjoys sharing fun and unique wedding ideas, which include helpful wedding and party related posts, inspirational photos and advice for those planning special celebrations. Gabriela lives in New Jersey with her husband and business partner, Justin, and their 2 lovable cats. Planning a luxurious wedding or special party? Please visit her blog and website for specials and helpful advice.
 

1 comment:

  1. 6. Remind your groom to pee. It certainly worked for me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails